Waikato Regional Council
Waikato Regional Council embraces digital future to sustainably manage natural resources
New Zealand local government organization is modernizing information management with OpenText Content Suite and OpenText Core Share.
- Cumbersome user interface caused frustration, delays in finding and sharing council documents
- Unreliable record system halted retention, disposal schedule
- Increased demand for convenient, shareable content drove users to alternate methods outside of secure spaces
- User-friendly, customized views for searching, sharing content speeds decisions made on latest data
- Confidence in security, audit trails maintains compliance, appropriate retention and disposal of records
- Collaborative, mobile workspaces support internal and external professionals working to make the mighty Waikato the best it can be
About Waikato Regional Council
Waikato Regional Council is a local government body in the Waikato region, the fourth largest region in New Zealand. It is an area of more than 35,000km²–about 25,000km² of land and 10,000km² of coastal marine area – which includes 11 territorial authorities. The Waikato Regional Council works with communities, iwi and industry to sustainably manage natural resources, enabling a strong economy and a high quality of life for all.