What is enterprise content management?
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) refers to a set of processes and technologies which manage information flows across the organization—from capture through to archiving and disposition.
Enterprise content management software is evolving. The best ECM software extends the reach of traditional ECM capabilities into previously isolated applications and information silos, such as ERP, CRM, SCM and HCM, to take the shape of a content services platform. Information can now flow across the enterprise to the people and processes—when, where and in whatever context it is needed.
ECM software features
Enterprise content management benefits
Fuel the digital workplace
Leverage enterprise content management tools that ensure rapid access to information when, where and how it is needed for content creation and ad-hoc collaboration across the enterprise and with external stakeholders.
Content in context
Work in other lead applications while retaining access to relevant information from across the organization.
Mitigate compliance risk
Manage information based on value and risk without end-user intervention and automatically apply retention policies and governance compliance mandates.
Unlock the value of content
Classify and manage content from multiple sources throughout the enterprise to glean new insights.
Enterprise content management solutions
Get the Gartner Magic Quadrant report
- Bridge content to lead business applications to accelerate business processes
- Roll out a comprehensive, compliant health and safety program without relying on IT
- Why capture is a key foundation of information management strategies
- Extend ECM into lead applications
- OpenText Content Suite Executive Brief
- OpenText InfoGov Basics
- OpenText Content Suite Demo Videos
- Industry Analyst Reports about ECM